What does Sports Massage do
Sports Massage is used all over the world by athletes and exercise enthusiasts but why?
- To supplement training
- To boost recovery
- To help minimise the risks of injury while enhancing performance
Elite athletes always mention the benefits of a sports massage, but does this same benefit apply to others? if so how does it work?
Benefits of massage
- Improved speed of recovery
- Increased tissue permeability
- Break down scar tissue
- Improve tissue elasticity
How Massage can help
Massage treatment is specific to you as an individual.
- Pain reduction –. Massage helps reduce tension and waste products in muscles, so reducing pain in many ways including releasing the body’s endorphins
- Relaxation – As they warm and stretch, muscles relax and circulation is improved. The mechanoreceptors that sense touch, pressure, tissue length and warmth are stimulated, which results in a relaxation reflex
- Anxiety levels reduce along with the body’s increased relaxation
- Equally the body can feel invigorated if massage is done with brisk movements
After an initial consultation, treatment sessions are typically 1 hour to 1 hour 30 mins.
This will depend on whether you are looking for a one off massage or more regular session-based treatments.
Enjoy your sport even more…
There is no reason why you should put up with discomfort when help is at hand
Call 07540 453 280 or
Great treatment, works wonders for any niggles or problems I have. My shoulders needed a fair bit of work due to general tightness and years of neglect. within two treatments the difference has been significant when testing and retesting but the difference how I felt lifting was huge. Very precise and knowledgeable in treating to the root of the issue and correcting it, very professional and super friendly. Going to be getting treatments on a monthly basis to keep me moving well.
Book an Appointment
Get help with your condition by booking an appointment now