Sports Massage Therapist
- Where are you from? – I’m originally from Newcastle, however, I have lived in Cardiff, Melbourne Australia and Dubai!
- What brings you to Swansea? – I am a third-year osteopathy student at Swansea University.
- What is your favourite thing about Swansea? – How close we are to the sea; nothing beats going for a run around the cliffs watching the sun rise or set!
- What lead you to study sports massage therapy? – I have always been interested in sports, during my teenage years I used to swim open water for GB and that took me into my first degree of sport and exercise science. Even during this degree, I was always interested in sports massage therapy. Then, when I was in Dubai I got injured and spent a lot of time at a clinic where it had a variety of health practitioners. This sparked me to want to further study sports massage and osteopathy!
- What is your favourite thing about sports massage therapy? – Helping people get better and feel more human!
- What is the most interesting thing about the body for you? – The body itself is just a fascinating thing, you can have something wrong with your foot and It’s actually due to something in your pelvis that has caused you to compensate to lead to the foot pain! I just think the body itself is just an amazing structure that we all take for granted!!
- What is your favourite thing to treat? – I love treating the hip and the structures surrounding it.
- How has sports massage benefitted you? – I love to do sport and the best way for me to recover is with a sports massage, nothing beats how you feel the morning after a really good sports massage! In my opinion, I think sports massage shouldn’t be seen as a treat, it should be part of your routine!
- How do you want clients to feel after a sports massage therapy session with you? – I want clients to feel recovered and ready to take on the next challenge! You will feel better and recharged!
- What is the nicest compliment you have had about your work? – “You really understand the body and how it works, your hands know what they are doing!”
The Benefits of Sport Massage Therapy
Did you know?
- Approximately 10,000 people injure themselves doing sports and exercise every day?
- Recovery directly influences your sport/exercise performance?
- Muscles are not building whilst you exercise, but whilst you recover?
Imagine if there were a way to prevent injuries, improve your recovery, boost your deep sleep and see your performance rocket? Well, you don’t have to imagine it because we have the solution, her name is Kayleigh Dawson, she’s an ex GB swimmer, she knows exactly what it’s like to need your body to work well for you, and she’s our incredible sports massage therapist at SBK. Best of all it’s just £40 for an hour of treatment with Kayleigh. £40 to feel incredible.
Are you hitting a wall with your performance? Do you want to sleep deeper, improve recovery and love your body?
Yes I Want This